North Apollo Borough
northapolloboro.com

 

The Borough of North Apollo was founded on February 11, 1930, when a group of local citizens petitioned the county courts to form a separate town from what had previously been a part of Kiskiminetas Township.  A contest was then held among local school students, to choose a name for the new town and the winning name was Glenola.  Due to a problem with the postal service, that name could not be used.  Therefore, the town became NORTH APOLLO due to its proximity to Apollo Borough.

 

The original borough office was located in the election house on 16th Street: a 25 x 25 foot, one room building that housed the secretary's office, council chambers, police station and wage tax collector.  By the late 1990s, it was determined that the borough had outgrown that space and needed a new building.  In 1998, a new addition to the borough garage, with separate offices for the secretary and tax collector and larger space in which to hold meetings was completed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                        CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TOWN

 

 

 

ARMSTRONG COUNTY INFORMATION

About Us